Bike Park Wales – 23/03/2022
Race Day: Wednesday 23rd March 2022
Yep a Wednesday!
- Its a working from home race or just an excuse for a day off to race during the week.
- We have been talking about a mid week for years and now decided the time is right to do one.
- Weekends can be busy one with not enough time to do everything, having mid week race frees up your weekend.
- There are also people that have to work on the weekend so a mid week race is perfect time for them.
- We will have a “Working from home name” so you can race under any name you like so your boss doesn’t know! (we are expecting quite a few funny names) Might even be a prize for the best one.
- Please enter the race with your name and there will be an extra box if you want to use your working from home name.
The Bike Park is closed and only open to people racing.
Click here to enter
For this race we will running a Mash Up format so you can repeat the stages and your fastest times counts for the results and ride with your mates to do any of the stages in any order as many times as you like.
The Cafe will be open all day offering hot and cold food.
Please don’t ride the stages until you have signed on and got your number board and Bike Park Wales wrist band.
Notice – The format is mash up for this race at Bike Park Wales.
The stages will be all gravity with no uphills, just blasting down some of the best trails in Bike Park Wales.
Your are not timed on the transitions between the stages.
All 3 fastest stage times will be added together to produce the overall results for each category.
The Uplift is not running on race day so it all peddle up.
Bike Park Wales.Gethin Woodland Centre,Abercanaid,Merthyr TydfilCF48 1YZ
The map for the stages will be released on Friday of the race but will use Reds.
The race is limited to 300 riders and it sold out in previous races here so we advise you to enter as soon as you can.
Who can race? if your 14 or over have a mountain bike and a helmet then you can race, but you need to be able to ride the red tracks at Bike Park Wales.
All riders must complete a Bike Park Wales Acceptance of Risk to save time at registration.
No Start Times its a mash up – live timing from 10am to 3pm
There are minimum 3 stages in each event, with transfers in between these transfers are not timed and do not count for the overall standing. Special stages close at a specified time, to ensure the event finishes on time. Riders will be notified at registration on the morning of the event
Time Controls are used check riders in ready for the stage start time.
An all mountain bike is ideal for these races but any mountain bike is allowed
- short travel,
- long travel,
- a downhill bike but not recommended with the riding in-between transfer stages.
- Only one Bicycle can be used during an event, including any transition stages.
- Competitors must start and finish the competition on the same frame, fork and wheels.
E-Bikes or E-MTB
All bikes used to compete within the E-bike class at the mini enduro races should comply with the current eu directive and abide by the rules in force.
An assisted maximum speed limited to 15.5mph.
- A helmet (open or full face) must be worn during all race and transition stages.
- Knee and elbow protectors are advisable.
- All Competitors must be self-sufficient and prepared for a varying climate as well as any basic mechanical repairs. Consideration should be given to the nature of the course and the length of time the event may take to complete.
This course is marked with signs and with some sections that are taped if a specific line should be taken on the stage.
If a competitor leaves the trail/course, they must re-enter at the same point and must restore the tape as they found it.
On site there is the cafe at Bike Park Wales with a bike wash.
Camping and Parking.
Car Parking is free
Sorry but no overnight parking or camping on site.
Registration – Inside Cafe
You need to bring
- Completed Bike Park Wales Registration and Acceptance of Risk form
Registration Opens 9.00amRegistration Closes 2.00pm
How to find Bike Park Wales
Be aware that in many cases SatNav and Google maps takes you to the wrong place if you use postcode only, the location marked on the map above is correct. Postcode CF48 4TT gets you to the ;correct roundabout (but after leaving the roundabout turn right not left)
Grid Ref: SO050035
GPS Coordinates: 51.718074, -3.361611
From the M4Take Junction 32 on the M4 (Cardiff/Merthyr Tydfil), at the roundabout take the A470 North towards Merthyr Tydfil/Pontypridd). Merge onto the A470Go PAST Pontypridd (DO NOT take ANY exits)Go STRAIGHT OVER the first roundabout Continue for 5 milesTurn LEFT at the NEXT roundabout 1st Exit, and turn right into the venueThe Venue is signposted GETHIN WOODLAND PARK on a big brown FE road sign
From the West on the A465 / Heads of the Valleys Road Follow signs for Merthyr Tydfil/Cardiff/M4At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A470 towards Cardiff/Merthyr TydfilGo STRAIGHT OVER the next TWO roundaboutsTurn RIGHT at the NEXT roundabout 3rd Exit, and turn right into the venue
From the East on the A465 / Heads of the Valleys Road Follow signs for Cardiff/Town Centre on the A4060, turn LEFT at the roundabout 1st Exit onto the A4060Go STRAIGHT OVER the next TWO roundaboutsTurn LEFT at the NEXT roundabout 1st Exit, over a flyoverGo STRAIGHT OVER the NEXT roundabout 2nd Exit, and turn right into the venue
Nearest Station: Pentre-Bach (1.0 miles), CF48 4BD, 10-15minute cycle.
Refunds and Transfers:
If you wish to cancel a booking please note the following cancellation conditions:
- 30+ days before race date: full refund
- 29 days: Entry fee minus a £15.00 administration charge per race cancelled. Refunds will be credited back to the card on which you originally paid within 28 days of your notice in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 28 days or less, no refund.
- Transfer requests less than 29 days notice are applicable for any remaining events in that year.
- Transfer requests less than 28 days or less notice are not applicable.
- You can not swap your entry with another rider for a £15 fee.
- The race weekend starts from 15:00 on the Friday before therefore the timescales above mean all e-mails must be received by our deadline which is 4 weeks before the 15:00 on the Friday before the race day.
- The above policies are not dependant on circumstances and are final.
Please email email@example.com please note we will not deal with any cancellations over the phone, by text or Facebook. Inform us of your full name, category racing and which race we are dealing with.
2017 E2, A2,A3 A8 2016 A4,A2, I1, I2 2015 A4,A5,A2, A3,E9